~ GOOD TEA AND A SIMPLE CUP ~
Tsoknyi Rinpoche has often mentioned the vital relationship between his brand of tea and the cup in which it is served. Excellent tea with no cup helps no one. Improperly made tea can taste bitter or bland, even if served in an ornate cup; a cup devoid of tea, however lovely, provides no nourishment at all. The tea is the pure dharma from Rinpoche’s lineage. This Membership Program is all about making a simple and elegant cup to support Rinpoche so he can teach and do his humanitarian work that benefits so many beings around the world.
The cup is the necessary administrative support needed for 1) the production costs of recording Rinpoche’s retreats and making them available to students, and 2) the administrative overhead that supports retreats and dharma events, which provides the vehicle for Rinpoche to teach. The Membership Program is an invitation to help create and sustain the “cup,” so the teachings can continue to flourish.
Often the responsibility of supporting Rinpoche’s teachings and humanitarian work falls on a handful of people. What Rinpoche hopes to do is to spread this opportunity for support through the membership program. Administrative support is not for salaries or benefits for staff. Most of our staff are volunteers and donate time, even if occasionally paid. Please click here for a list of administrative activities membership fees support.
To Become a Member~
Just click the box below that applies to you to continue to sign up for membership. “Membership” is different than joining the Student Mandala. Entering the Student Mandala acknowledges your student/teacher relationship with Tsoknyi Rinpoche. Becoming a Member for a small monthly fee provides you with a discount code that allows you access to the Membership Recording Library, store discounts, Pundarika Foundation sponsored retreat tuition discounts and other benefits. Active members have the benefit of priority registration for Pundarika sponsored U.S. retreats such as Crestone, during the first month retreat registration is open.
Am I an Introductory or Advanced Member?
Introductory Membership Teachings:
There are no prerequisites to become a member for these teachings. They are helpful for students who are new to Rinpoche’s teachings or to dharma in general.
Advanced Membership Teachings:
The qualifications for the Advanced membership category are to be a student of a qualified Vajrayana and/or Dzogchen master and that you have received pointing out instructions from that master. To familiarize yourself with Tsoknyi Rinpoche’s use of terms and his teaching style, Rinpoche asks that you watch the open retreat (included in the Advanced section of the Membership Recordings Library) When Confusion Dawns as Wisdom (2019 Garrison, NY) before watching other advanced teachings in the library. Please note: if you are already a member of the Introductory Section and meet the new requirements for joining the Advanced Section, email [email protected] and she will assist you in making the switch.
Which Box do I Check?
The “No, I have not” box means you have not received pointing out instructions. The discount code you receive will allow you access to the Introductory Level resources in the Membership Library.
What’s in the Membership Recordings Library Right Now?
See the retreat audios, videos, and transcripts listed below. Please check back from time to time for updates:
Introductory Level ~ 17 Retreats, 8 Guided Meditations & Guided Meditations – Vol. 1
- 8 Guided Meditations (May 29, 2020)
- Introductory Guided Meditations, Volume 1
- Open Heart, Open Mind; Denmark (2012)
- Happiness for No Reason; Crestone, CO (2013)
- Waking Up the Mind and Revitalizing the Subtle Body/Wisdom in Aging; Garrison, NY (2013)
- A Dzogchen Approach to an Open Heart and Open Mind; Holy Isle, U.K. (2013)
- Letting It Be: Resting in Radical Simplicity; Crestone, CO (2014)
- Essence Love and the Nature of Mind; Wonderwell Mountain Refuge, NH (2014)
- Gently to Hear, Kindly to Judge; Mount Madonna, CA (2015) first 5 talks only
- Dissolving Outer, Inner & Innermost Obstacles: Coming Home; Crestone, CO (2015) first 5 talks only
- How to be Happy and Free When the World is on Fire; Garrison, NY (2015) first 5 talks only
- Grounded Body, Open Heart and Clear Mind: A Path to Dzogchen; Crestone, CO (2016) first 7 talks only
- How to be Happy and Free When the World is on Fire; Presentation Center, CA, (2016) first 5 talks only
- Introduction to a Dzogchen View on Dispelling Outer, Inner and Secret Obstacles; Crestone, CO (2017) first 7 talks only
- Dance of the Two Truths; Mount Madonna, CA (2018) first 7 talks only
- A Dzogchen View on Dispelling Obstacles; Crestone, CO (2018) first 7 talks only
- View Vast as Sky, Conduct Fine as Barley Flour; Mount Madonna, CA (2019) first 7 talks only
- Meditation and Non-Meditation; Crestone, CO (2019) first 9 talks only
- When Confusion Dawns as Wisdom; Garrison, NY (2019) up to Day 5
Advanced Level ~ Introductory Level Retreats Above in Full (17) plus 9 More Full Retreats, 8 Guided Meditations & Advanced Guided Meditations/Vols. 1, 2 & 3
- 8 Guided Meditations (May 29, 2020)
- Advanced Guided Meditations, Volume 1 (includes Introductory Guided Meditations), Volumes 2 and 3
- Dzogchen: Tsoknyi Rinpoche & Mingyur Rinpoche; Litchfield, CT (1998)
- Approaching the Tsoknyi Lineage; Crestone, CO (2006)
- Bodhicitta; Boulder, CO (2008)
- Distinguishing Between Awakened and Subtly Deluded States; U.K. (2008)
- The Bardo; U.K. (2009)
- Devotion: the Profound Path; U.K. (2010)
- Luminous Love: the Path of Devotion; Garrison, NY (2010)
- Pointing at the Absolute; U.K. (2011)
- Bodhicitta and Mind Nature: 10-day retreat; Martha’s Vineyard, MA (2012)
- Dzogchen Intensive Retreat; Crestone, CO (2014)
- Dzogchen Intensive Retreat; Crestone, CO (2015)
- Advanced Dzogchen Retreat; Wonderwell, NH (2016)
- Teachings on the Bardo Experience; Crestone, CO (2016)
- Renunciation, Compassion & Devotion ~ A Dzogchen View; Crestone, CO (2017)
- Dreamlike Enlightenment: Understanding Illusion from a Dzogchen Perspective; Garrison, NY (2017)
- Dreamlike Enlightenment: Understanding Illusion from a Dzogchen Perspective; Mount Madonna, CA (2017)
- Dance of the Two Truths; Mount Madonna, CA (2018)
- A Dzogchen View on Dispelling Obstacles; Crestone, CO (2018)
- Nature of Mind Advanced Practice Retreat; Crestone, CO (2018)
- View Vast as Sky, Conduct Fine as Barley Flour; Mount Madonna, CA (2019)
- Meditation and Non-Meditation; Crestone, CO (2019)
- Openness, Lucidity and Love; Crestone, CO (2019)
- When Confusion Dawns as Wisdom; Garrison, NY (2019)
- Vipashyana: The Path of Recognizing Our True Nature: Lerab Ling, France (2019)
- Refreshing our Meditation Practice: Online Teachings; Nepal (August 2020)
- Refreshing our Meditation Practice, Continued: Online Teachings; Nepal (January 2021)
- Deepening our Meditation Practice: Online teachings; Nepal (June 4-10, 2021)
If you belonged to the Introductory Level and then met the requirements for Advanced Membership, e-mail [email protected] to switch from Introductory to Advanced. If you would like to change your membership payment amount, e-mail [email protected] and she will help you.
Please note ~ Full Retreats, Waiting List & Your Membership Benefits:
Active members have the benefit of priority registration for Pundarika sponsored U.S. retreats, such as Crestone, during the first-month retreat registration is open.
To continue, please click one of the boxes below. After registering, you will receive an e-mail receipt showing the monthly amount you agreed to charge to your credit card for membership benefits.
PLEASE NOTE: This amount is a fee for services rendered and is NOT a tax-deductible donation for your IRS return. If you do not receive this email in your Inbox, check your spam and other email folders.
Have you received pointing out instructions?