Pundarika offers opportunities for retreat in Crestone, Colorado, in individual retreat cabins and in a retreat house (Lama House). Lama House is available for two retreatants who wish to do retreat together (e.g., a couple) or a single person who wishes to do retreat in the house by themselves. More information is available in our Personal Retreat FAQs.
All retreats must be approved by Pundarika Foundation, and your application is pending until it is reviewed by the Retreat Committee.
PLEASE READ THE APPLICATION GUIDELINES COMPLETELY BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION.
Solitary retreat in a remote area, especially for longer periods of time, can be a very powerful and opening experience and can also present challenges. With this in mind, Tsoknyi Rinpoche has developed the qualifying criteria for all applicants:
- Tsoknyi Rinpoche must be one of your main dharma teachers
- Attended a minimum of three retreats with Tsoknyi Rinpoche
- Maintained a daily meditation practice for at least one continuous year prior to the retreat for which you are applying.
- Willingness to abide by the Five Precepts during the retreat:
- I take as a training precept to refrain from taking life.
- I take as a training precept to refrain from taking that which is not freely given.
- I take as a training precept to refrain from sexual misconduct.
- I take as a training precept to refrain from unwise/unskillful speech.
- I take as a training precept to refrain from intoxication that clouds the mind.
II. Application Process
- To apply, first check our calendar of availability. Note: Retreatants must arrive on Sunday afternoon by 3:00 p.m. and depart on Saturday morning by 11:00 a.m. The minimum retreat duration at this time is one (1) week, and the maximum retreat duration is eight (8) weeks.
- Next, submit the Application (see button at bottom of Application form). Please review the application carefully before actually submitting the form, as your information cannot be saved.
- You will be contacted within two weeks after a completed application is received concerning the review results. Please see the Personal Retreats FAQ for pricing and payment information. There is no cost to apply. Please send any questions you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org.